Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Modernism vs. Post-Modernism Posters

Post- Modernism


Modernism Poster


Modernism vs. Post-Modernism was a challenge for me. Designing in a post-modern way is difficult because it is the opposite of the education I have received so far in college. Usually things are supposed to be balanced, legible, rational, and purposeful. In post-modern there are no rules, and as the designer one can control the heirarchy of importance and unbalance the design as much as they artistically want to. I feel like both of my designs are successful. The post-modern poster was fun to do, but was hard to break the rules. I layered images, and let the elements fall into place how I instinctually felt them go. The Modern poster was simplictic and rationally designed, it showed off the Paul Rand quote, and the design did what it needed to do. I feel like the black and white background really holds the quote and supports it, and does not distract. The Graphic Design is invisible, and the content is being show cased.

No comments:

Post a Comment